Subject: sshd and privilege separation
From: Stefan Troeger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:54:58 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi,

I'm trying to set up sshd (openssh 3.4p1-4) with privilege
separation on Windows 2000 Professional.  I used 'ssh-host-config -y'
to create the necessary configuration files and the sshd user.

When trying to start sshd afterwards with 'cygrunsrv -S sshd', I
get the following error message:

cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
Der Dienst wurde nicht gestartet.

/var/log/sshd.log shows: Privilege separation user sshd does not exist

The user exists and is in /etc/passwd.  Any clue what could be
wrong?

-Stefan

-- 
In the German it is true that by some oversight of the inventor
of the language, a Woman is a female; but a Wife (Weib) is not --
which is unfortunate.
        -- Mark Twain

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/