Subject: Setup.exe problem from local directory
From: Paul Butcher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:03:03 +0100

(Tried to post this to cygwin-apps as requested by mailing list home page but 
cannot as this is a controlled list.)

I've had a problem with the latest setup.exe V2.249.2.5 installing from local
directory which I've never seen before and can't seem to get around:

I downloaded several packages that I wanted to update into a local directory
(as I always do) then run setup.exe - I selected all the packages to update -
it then uninstalled the old versions OK BUT then tried to uninstall the new
versions too!  Of course it reported 'null' files for each and I ended up
with all these packages uninstalled!

Now rerunning setup it won't show any package in setup.ini except those I've
already got installed so I can't select installation of any new packages.

I presume some file in my cygwin area has been corrupted but I can't see
 what.

Paul Butcher
Alton, Hants, UK

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/