Subject: TclTk update request
From: Paul Butcher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:29:31 +0100

Some requests to whoever is maintaining the tcltk package for cygwin:

1.  Could it be updated to the latest V8.3.4 build instead of continuing with 
V8.0?  With Mumit Khan's patches (as linked from the cygwin home page) V8.3.4 
builds fine with Tix and BLT - but itcl/iwidgets need adding in.

2.  Python tkinter library could then be updated to link to V8.3.4 - in fact 
it would probably be good to have this as a separate subpackage from the main 
python to avoid dependency of whole python package on tcltk.
(Perl:Tk could also be added?)

3.  gdb V5.2 can be built for cygwin with dependency on tcltk package rather 
than reinstalling all the tcltk files again - (the current test gdb package 
is V5.1.1 and includesTclTk V8.3.2).

All this would make the whole thing more useable and up to date.

Thanks

Paul Butcher
Alton, Hants, UK

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/