Subject: mt returns no status of hp c1537a
From: Karl-Heinz Stefani <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:52:04 +0200

hi

last week i've made my first steps with cygwin mt and tried it on
an hp c1559a dds-2 drive which worked just fine with status and all.

today i've replaced this drive by an hp c1573a dds-3.

mt still seems able to access the drive, since

$ mt -f /dev/nst0 offline

ejects the media, however

$ mt -f /dev/nst0 status

only gives

mt: /dev/nst0: Invalid argument

as result. Same thing for /dev/nst0 and \\\\.\\tape0.
Upgrading to the latest firmware revision (L111) hasn't changed
anything.

is there ea special trick wirth this drive ?
thanks for a hint.

Karl-Heinz Stefani

(I'm using the latest (updated jul. 07.) version of cygwin (and mt) on
win xp.)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/