Subject: Paths....
From: Dennis Allison <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:29:48 -0700

I have a problem getting cygwin subsystems to be recognized and executed
from outside the cygwin shell on a Windows2000 machine.  I've set the
path variable to include

	c:/cygwin/usr/local/bin;c:/cygwin/usr/bin;c:cygwin/bin;...

but suspect this is not right.  (What's the cygdrive path stuff?).
The big problems have to do with the library paths.  I haven't a clue
where they are set.

Is there documentation on setting up the pathing for cygwin? I did a
cursory search and found nothing.

The problem I have at hand is a Smalltalk based system which delegates
some processing to a collection of C and Perl programs, waits around,
and then uses the results of the computation.   The problem I'm having
has to do with getting the Perl and C programs to execute from a call
outside of cygwin.   The programs appear to function without problem
when invoked from the cygwin shell.

Thanks in advance.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/