Subject: problems with pthreads && c++ (suspect wait conditions)
From: Max Zaitsev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:41:05 +0200

Hi!

I'm trying to run my program (mutella, a gnutella client, 
http://mutella.sf.net) under cygwin and it seems to have major problems after 
any waiting thread get woken up with kind of probability of 90% to crash. I 
have not yet tried to track this down because the project uses threads 
extensively and this kind of research might require substantial amount of 
time. Interestingly enough, the previous version of muttella used to run 
reliably under cygwin, however, I've introduced several additional waiting 
points. Unfortunately, GDB does not like my program as well and crashes on 
start. The point however that mutella runs nicely on linux/bsd/solaris and 
macosx.

I'm running cygwin 1.3.11 under Windows 2000.

Help is greatly appreciated,
--Max

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/