Subject: Expect and ssh
From: "Arthur Taylor" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:26:54 -0400

Someone had a similar issue to this in May...  But I didn't see any
follow up...

I was attempting to have an expect script control an ssh session.  It
didn't appear to be working from a bash shell (kept timing out, ?because
it didn't see the string it was expecting on stdin?), so I ssh'd into a
different machine, and the expect script suddenly worked fine.  I then
ssh'd into my own machine and the expect script again worked fine.  For
some reason I can't run the expect script from the bash shell, unless I
have already ssh'd into the local host.  Seems very odd, so I thought I
would see if anyone had an idea.

Arthur

Sample expect script:

---------------------

#! /usr/bin/expect -f

spawn /usr/bin/ssh <name>@<host>
expect "password:"
send "<password>\r"
expect ">"
send "ls -l\r"
expect ">"
send "exit\r"
exit

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/