Subject: Re: CONTRIB: missing search.h src's
From: "Conrad Scott" <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:07:25 +0100

"Charles Wilson" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>    On June 6, the newlib folks added the search functions (newlib is
the
> c runtime library that forms part of cygwin1.dll).  However, the
header
> files that declare the functions conflict with the recent
berkeley-db
> package -- and the search functions themselves are not "exported" by
> cygwin1.dll.
>
> You would probably be better off, for now, building cvsps against
> berk-db instead...until we can get the conflict sorted out.  (Geez,
it's
> funny how this one topic came up three times today...synchronicity?)

It's not obvious to me that there is any conflict. The <search.h>
header is part of the standard cygwin installation package and doesn't
seem to require that the db headers are available to the *user* of the
search package, they're just used internally. So I can't see a reason
why those interfaces aren't exported.

Well, I can see several reasons why not, e.g. Chris's observation
about the size of the DLL, but it seems a shame to have the code
sitting there and not available.

As for synchronicity: powerful stuff!

// Conrad

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/