Subject: "mkgroup -d" fails, local/domain user
From: Jehan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:03:58 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi,

***** (1)
I'm not sure if it's really a problem with cygwin or with my domain 
controller (Samba 2.2.4) but when I try to get the domain groups I get 
an error:

Everyone:S-1-1-0:0:
SYSTEM:S-1-5-18:18:
LookupAccountName (\\SERVER, Domain Admins) failed with error 1332
LookupAccountName (\\SERVER, Domain Users) failed with error 1332

I'm using cygwin 1.3.11 on WinXP.

***** (2)
Our setup at work is a little particular. Every user exists both as a 
_domain user_ without particular permission and as a _local user_ with 
Administrator privileges. That way, users can do what they want on their 
machine without being able screw up the network.
Now, I always log as a _local user_. With Windows explorer or nontsec 
cygwin, I can create files on anyshare where I have write access as 
_domain user_.
With ntsec on, if I try to create a file on a win2k workstation, it 
works. But on the server (samba) if fails with "permission denied".
The problem comes from the gid. On the server, the group is set to 
"2007" while on the workstation it's "None". My _local user_ id is
uid=1003(jehan) gid=513(None) 
groups=0(Everyone),513(None),544(Administrators),545(Users)

while my _domain user_ is
uid=12002(jehan) gid=12007 groups=0(Everyone),545(Users)

I created a group 2007 in /etc/group (jehan::2007:jehan) which fixes the 
problem but since I don't have problem to create a file with explorer on 
nontsec cygwin as a _local user_, I would expect the same result with 
ntsec cygwin.

***** (3)
Since I have the same username for both _local_ and _domain_ user, I 
have to entries in my /etc/passwd with the same username. Can this be a 
problem?

	Jehan

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/