Subject: Re: Latex installation problem
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: Dennis Allison <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:13:21 +0200

Dennis Allison <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Dennis Allison <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> Please rerun setup.exe and make sure to install one of these.
>
> I installed the complete set of cygwin packages.

In that case, please post your /var/log/setup.log and
/var/log/setup.log.full, and see what happens if you reinstall
texmf-base?

> The problem I am having seems to be related to the fact that the
> teTex/texmf shipped with cygwin is not configured to run
> out-of-the-box.

Sorry to disappoint you, but they are configured to run
out-of-the-box, and have been tested by several people to be so.
Possibly you're hit by a [new] bug, not observed before.

Did you get an error from setup.exe?  Maybe you can have a look at the
directory

    /etc/postinstall

and see if all post installation scripts have been run [successfully].
A script that has been executed, has the extension `.done.'  You may
try running scripts that didn't run, by hand, but we'd like to know
about that, here.  You may also try to rerun

    bash /etc/postinstall/post-texmf.sh.done 
    
Greetings,
Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/