Subject: Re: Building dlls with cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "Dylan Cuthbert" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:08:53 +0200

Hallo Dylan,

Am Sonntag, 30. Juni 2002 um 11:49 schriebst du:

> Hi there,

> I have tried making a dll in the way you describe, however I get the errors
> below.

> Have you seen similar errors to this in your library creation?  Am I making
> a simple mistake here?

undefined reference to `std::....

You must link against the relevant importlibs.  Here libstdc++

Means:
gcc -shared -Wl,--out-implib=common.dll.a -o common.dll *.o \
-Wl,--export-all-symbols -lstdc++

For libstdc++ this is done automatically if you use g++:
g++ -shared -Wl,--out-implib=common.dll.a -o common.dll *.o \
-Wl,--export-all-symbols

Gerrit
-- 
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/