Subject: Re: C++ Exceptions in Multithreaded Applications Crash
From: "Michael D. Crawford" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:10:11 -0230

> Right.  2.95.3-5 is not compiled to use multiple threads.  3.1.1 will
> be.  A new 3.1.* version of gcc should be available for testing soon.

Could this be why I never could get ZooLib to work when built with gcc 
in Cygwin?

ZooLib is a multithreaded C++ cross-platform application framework.

http://zoolib.sourceforge.net/

I could get it to build, and display a window, but it would always lock 
up, and I never could figure out why.  I always suspected it was a 
threading problem, but that's as far as I got.

Note that I wasn't linking against the cygwin dll; I was trying to build 
it as a Win32 application, not an X11 one.

It works fine when built with gcc on Linux or BeOS, and when built with 
Metrowerks CodeWarrior on Windows.

Mike Crawford
[email-masked]
http://www.goingware.com/

     Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/