Subject: Problems with env vars : sometime between 0621 and 0623
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:15:44 +0100

Further to my earlier post http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg01356.html
. The problem described does not occur in snapshot cygwin1-20020621.dll (or
earlier); it occurs in snapshot cygwin1-20020624.dll and later; it also
occurs in the officially released cygwin-1.3.11-3, whose cygwin1.dll is
dated 20020623.

I wish I could provide a simple 2-liner to describe the occurrence.
Unfortunately it occurs from within an application when I explore the
environment using spawn("set"). For version 20020621 and earlier I see what
I expect to see. For version 20020623 (the official 1.3.11-3) and later, the
environmental variable TCL_LOOK which has been set from within the
application has become corrupted, incorporating ASCII characters from 126+
rather than just a-zA-Z0-9 etc. It is thus unintelligible and breaks the
application at that point.

I wish I could say something more useful and helpful than this; but is it
possible to link this information to changes that took place between those
two dates?

(In fact, as a second but entirely separate issue, the presence/absence of
this particular env. var. has been problematic for a while, disappearing
unexpectedly and inconveniently. This might be easier to describe and
address later, but it is the sudden introduction of gobbledegook between
0621 and 0623 which is the purpose of this post.)

Thank you.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/