Subject: Setup.exe 2.249.2.4 crashing under Windows NT 4.0 SP6
From: Jim Goltz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:26:59 -0400

Apologies to the list, but I checked archives and such and I don't see
this mentioned anywhere.

I've been running Cygwin for some time now. Today I went to upgrade my
various packages and found that a new version (2.249.2.4) of setup.exe
was available. It starts normally, but when I try to make a selection
from "Install from Internet", "Download from Internet", and "Install
from Local Directory", I get an error dialog:

    The instruction at "0x78001d22" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
    The memory could not be "read".

followed by the usual "OK to terminate, Cancel to debug" choices.

The dialog pops up as soon as I try to change which radio button is
selected, or if I leave the default choice and hit "Next>".

I have a debug file "notes.rip" produced by Quincy for Win32 (an old
Lotus product), with state dump, backtrace, and disassembly, if that
helps any.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--
James P. Goltz <[email-masked]>

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/