Subject: Re: getting ftpd installed...
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Elfyn McBratney" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin ML" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:44:44 +0200

Elfyn schrieb:

> Im trying to get ftpd installed, and i have got it installed and listening
> but i cant find the config file aka ftpd.conf... Im not sure if the file
> exists of what, i did a `file / -name "*.conf` which returned config files
> but not for the ftp daemon. Is there one?

> If anyone knows, or has installed and configured the ftp server or knows of
> a good tutorial on the config file syntax to get me started.

$ man ftpd

[...]

     The file /etc/nologin can be used to disable ftp access.  If the file
     exists, ftpd displays it and exits.  If the file /etc/ftpwelcome exists,
     ftpd prints it before issuing the ``ready'' message.  If the file
     /etc/motd exists, ftpd prints it after a successful login.

[...]

     Ftpd authenticates users according to three rules.

           1.   The login name must be in the password data base, /etc/passwd,
                and not have a null password.  In this case a password must be
                provided by the client before any file operations may be per-
                formed.

           2.   The login name must not appear in the file /etc/ftpusers.

[...]

FILES
     /etc/ftpusers    List of unwelcome/restricted users.
     /etc/ftpwelcome  Welcome notice.
     /etc/motd        Welcome notice after login.
     /etc/nologin     Displayed and access refused.

[...]

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/