Subject: Re: Useful Cygwinism: "Explorer Here"
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Marc Chantreux <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:09:09 +0200

Marc schrieb:

>>
>>
>>http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/CygwinPromptHere/
>>

> Hi,

> I would like to know if there is more feature there than the hack i've 
> described
> in my page :

> http://www.metagenia.com/~mchantreux/cygwin.html

> Just :

> $SHELL="/bin/bash"

> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Rxvt]
> @="Ouvrir un &Terminal unix"
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Rxvt\command]
> @="d:\\usr\\cygwin\\root\\bin\\rxvt -ls"

Does this enables you to open a shell on folders and on drives?
Also with the version at my site you get a startup file in the
cygwin root with a call to rxvt like this:

rxvt -sr -sl 2500 -fg lightblue -geometry 90x30 -bg midnightblue -sb \
  -tn rxvt  -fn "Lucida Console-14" -e /usr/bin/bash --login -i

I tried several hours to get a rxvt call like this working with an
registry entry without success.  You can modify the installed startup
file to your needs so you can call zsh, tcsh or just bash with it.

The feature of this great package (3kb) is the installer, after
unpacking you change into thi directory and just call './install' abd
everything else works automagically.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/