Subject: Re: Useful Cygwinism: "Explorer Here"
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Price <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:28:23 +0200

Hallo Dave,

> Great tip, but did I miss something; what is "bash here"?

I have a modified version which allows you to open a bash-rxvt
shell from the context sensitive explorer menu (right click on
folder or drive).   Now it can be installed one time and it
works only with bash (no zsh, no tcsh).  Also it is hardcoded
now that bash is opened in a rxvt window which IMO is most
useful (think of Win98 with this unusable command.com prompt).
Some people wanted it to open a cmd propmpt on NT instead of
rxvt.  There were some improvements but I have not included
them yet, no time for testing and the code was not so that I
want to release it.

My version needs manually editng of the shortcut which calls
rxvt & bash in the case you want to open not rxvt and in the
case you take rxvt this can be customized (other colors, other
size, other font, ...).

My version is able to open a shell on every folder, on drives,
also mapped drives, but not on netshares.

Fecth it, unpack it and cd to the dir and call './install' to
see what happens for you:
http://koeln.convey.de/cywgin/CygwinPromptHere/

I use it on W2K which works well, currently on my NT4 box it
isn't working as expected, but my setup here is somewhat messed
up, so it may well be that it works for you.

Gerrit
-- 
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/