Subject: Re: Rebase 1.5-1: Causes invalid page fault
From: Nicholas Wourms <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:48:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jason Tishler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Are you sure?  Because the MSDN:

No....
 
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/imagehlp_1hut.asp
> 
> states that ReBaseImage() is available on Windows 95/98/Me.
> 
> Additionally, the MSDN:
> 
>    
>
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tools/perfutil_2z39.asp
> 
> does *not* indicate that rebase.exe is for NT only.

I know, it just is extemely frustrating :-).  I was quick to assume,
because I remebered the help for my SDK referring to it as the NT Rebase
utility or something like that.  You are most likely correct though.

> Maybe your cygbz21.0.dll was already corrupted?  Please try again with a
> known good one from the tarball.  Use file to verify that the DLL is OK
> before trying to rebase.

Ok, I just tried running it on the latest libpython2.2.dll both with the
SDK version and with Microsoft's version.  Here are the results:

MS ReBase.exe:
C:\Cygnus\cygwin\tmp\automake>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDK\Bin\ReBase.exe" -d
 -b 0x68000000 libpython2.2.dll
REBASE: *** RelocateImage failed (libpython2.2.dll).  Image may be
corrupted

REBASE: Total Size of mapping 0x0000000000000000
REBASE: Range 0x0000000068000000 -0x0000000068000000

Ironically, when I checked this file in cygwin with "file", it says
libpython2.2.dll: MS Windows PE Intel 80386 console DLL
Does that mean it is ok?  Did rebase actually work?

Cygwin's rebase gave me the same pagefault as before.  So if the previous
indicates success, then at least we know it isn't me?

Cheers,
Nicholas

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/