Subject: Re: vmstat
From: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:32:57 -0400
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Chris January wrote:

> If it overwrites it, then I have packaged it wrongly. It should put ps.exe
> and kill.exe into separate subdirectories, i.e. /bin/procps/ps.exe and
> /usr/bin/procps/kill.exe.

PLEASE do not differentiate between /bin and /usr/bin.  This caused no 
end of trouble during the early days of setup.exe when setup didn't 
*always* follow the mounts.  Granted, setup is much better about that 
sort of thing now, but don't tempt fate.

There's no need for separate /bin and /usr/bin on cygwin.

(I don't care about the procps/ subdirectory, but I doubt others will be 
very happy about it.  cf. netpbm packagin discussion on cygwin-apps)

--Chuck

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/