Subject: Your problems may be solved in the latest cygwin snapshot! Try it out!
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:14:19 -0400

A few problems have been fixed in the recent cygwin snapshots, so please
try one out and report success/failure to cygwin at cygwin dot com.

I'll try to get a 1.3.12 out ASAP but I want to make sure that it fixes as
many problems as possible first.

Snapshot installation instructions:

To install a snapshot:

  1) Download the latest cygwin-20020???.dll.bz2 file from the above
     web page into a temporary directory.

  2) bunzip2 cygwin-20020???.dll.bz2

  3) Stop any running cygwin applications (sshd, inetd, bash, apache, etc.).

  4) copy c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll.saf

  5) copy cygwin-2002????.dll c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll

Obviously, you have to replace the 'c:\cygwin\bin' with the ms-dos path
name of your /bin directory.  You also *must* use Windows tools (e.g.,
"copy" or GUI "drag and drop") to copy the DLL to its new home since you
can't easily overwrite a busy DLL.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/