Subject: cygwin-1.3.11 induced a Tcl/Tk problem; not yet solved in snapshot 20020626
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:02:26 +0100

Sorry, I haven't much idea how to report this to you in a helpful manner. I
use an application that uses Tcl/Tk to do things like present Help files,
menu lists, history logs, etc to the screen, in separate windows to the main
application. Up to and including 1.3.10-1 this has worked without problems.
With the installation of 1.3.11-3 it broke (window presentations failed:
instead I get error msgs*) and this is still happening with the current
snapshot cygwin1-20020626.dll.

* I wish I could describe these helpfully. Here is one:

expected integer but got ""
[processing "-width" option]
invoked from within
".t.items configure $opt $val"
["foreach" body line 1]
invoked from within
"foreach {opt val}$tcl_look {.t.items configure $opt $val}"
[file "c:/Cygwin/home/Fergus/sc/tmp/8/wlbox.inp" line 123]

It's clear that _some_ of this at least refers directly to scripts written
within the application, and of course one can't expect you to waste any time
over these. But is any of this usefully indicative of where/how the new
problems with Tcl/Tk might have been introduced into 1.3.11-3? If indeed
that is what has happened. It might be something quite different and less
opaque, to do with, I dunno, file location or something, that just happens
to manifest itself in this way ...

It doesn't matter. I've reverted to 1.3.10-1 and that's fine. I also know
(see this list June 07-09) that Tcl/Tk is itself the subject of separate
attention. Just thought this report was marginally better sent than not.
Thank you for all your work and effort.

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/