Subject: Re: cygwin-1.3.11-3: still cannot compile perl-5.8
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Green, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:35:10 +0200

Hallo Paul,

Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002 um 23:18 schriebst du:

> PerlLIO_link runs through a bunch of macros and ends up calling the POSIX
> link function (hard links).  Note that Configure only detects whether or not
> you have a link() function available to be called; it never actually calls
> it to see if it is operational. On operating systems where link() returns
> ENOSYS every time it is called, you must add a line to the hints file that
> sets d_link=undef.  (See hints/vos.sh, because the VOS system is one that
> provides a dummy link() function that always returns ENOSYS).  Configure
> will print a silly WHOA message about the discrepancy between the hint (no
> link) and the libraries (link is there), but you can just ignore it.

Many thanks for the clarification, actually Cygwin has link() but it
seems to be broken in the current release.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/