Subject: Re: cygwin-1.3.11-3: still cannot compile perl-5.8
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:20:52 +0200

Hallo Christopher,

Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002 um 06:36 schriebst du:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 06:24:43AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>Hallo,
>>
>>Still having problems compiling the Perl RC2.
>>It works well to build RC2 with the cygwin-1.3.11-1 testrelease.
>>Now that 1.3.11-3 is not a test release I need someone to verify
>>at another box that this is not a basically problem with my setup.
>>Everything works well up to then point miniperl is used to:
>>
>>make[1]: Entering directory `/sourcecode/perl/perl58/buildperl/x2p'
>>../miniperl -I../lib s2p.PL
>>Signal 11
>>make[1]: *** [s2p] Error 139
>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/sourcecode/perl/perl58/buildperl/x2p'
>>make: *** [x2p/s2p] Error 2
>>
>>$ cat miniperl.exe.stackdump
>>Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=77F34AC4
>>eax=00000000 ebx=00233378 ecx=FFFFFFFF edx=FFFFFFFF esi=0000000C edi=0000000C
>>ebp=0022F3C0 esp=0022F394 program=d:\sourcecode\perl\perl58\buildperl\miniperl.exe
>>cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0038 gs=0000 ss=0023
>>Stack trace:
>>Frame     Function  Args
>>0022F3C0  77F34AC4  (00000000, 00000000, 0000000C, FFFFFFFF)
>>0022FCE0  6107120A  (0A0B0AB4, 0A0BA5C8, 0022FD20, 00477B6A)
>>0022FD20  0049262F  (0A010450, 61681570, 0022FD70, 00435D46)
>>0022FD50  0048990D  (0A010450, 0A018010, 0A019818, 00000001)
>>0022FD80  00415671  (0A010450, 00000001, 0022FE98, 004531B3)
>>0022FEB0  00415343  (0A010450, 00000001, 0022FEE0, 00401069)
>>0022FEE0  004010D7  (00000003, 61681570, 0A010278, 77F75B75)
>>0022FF30  61005A9E  (00000008, FFFFFFFE, 000000E0, 610C08A0)
>>0022FF90  61005D28  (00000000, 00000000, 00000246, 8011748B)
>>0022FFB0  004BE312  (00401040, 037F0009, 0022FFF0, 77F1B9EA)
>>0022FFC0  0040103C  (0022E640, 6104BD1C, 7FFDF000, 7FFDF000)
>>0022FFF0  77F1B9EA  (00401000, 00000000, 000000B0, 00000100)
>>End of stack trace

> Seems like running miniperl in gdb would be instructive.  You'd need to
> have debugging symbols in miniperl, of course.

> I used to debug stuff like this all of the time when I was maintaining
> perl for cygwin.

(gdb) run -Ilib utils/c2ph.PL
Starting program: /sourcecode/perl/perl58/buildperl/miniperl.exe -Ilib utils/c2ph.PL

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x77f34ac4 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()

(gdb) bt
#0  0x77f34ac4 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
#1  0xffffffff in ?? ()
#2  0x6107120a in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
#3  0x0049cfcf in Perl_pp_link (my_perl=0xa013cf0) at pp_sys.c:3556
#4  0x004450fd in Perl_runops_debug (my_perl=0xa013cf0) at dump.c:1398
#5  0x0041635d in S_run_body (my_perl=0xa013cf0, oldscope=1) at perl.c:1681
#6  0x00415f5f in perl_run (my_perl=0xa013cf0) at perl.c:1600
#7  0x004010d7 in main (argc=3, argv=0xa013cc0, env=0xa011de8)
    at miniperlmain.c:85
#8  0x61005a9e in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
#9  0x61005d28 in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
#10 0x004d0342 in cygwin_crt0 ()
#11 0x0040103c in mainCRTStartup ()
#12 0x77f1b9ea in _libkernel32_a_iname ()
(gdb) 

Gerrit

-- 
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/