Subject: Re: Can I use standard CPAN Perl modules?
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Garry Heaton <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:56:12 +0200

Garry schrieb:

> When running Perl under Cygwin can I use standard CPAN modules or am I 
> limited to those compiled specifically for Cygwin? How about mod_perl? Can I 
> install a standard UNIX version?

I got mod_perl working some time ago but it was tricky to get it to
compile.  Also I wasn't able to build an Apache and mod_perl with dll's
all was just linked static.  To run the mod_perl test suite there was a
little tweaking neccessary.  However, I don't recommend to use Cygwin
Apache with mod_perl for production.  It is very slow compared with
Apache and external Perl.  There are native Windows versions of Apache
with mod_perl which should be faster.

Other (most) Perl modules are working as usual.  Some will not build
since they are very system specific.

Gerrit
-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/