Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll [1.3.11(CVS)]: Changes since 06/19 snapshot cause page fault in kernel32.dll
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: Nicholas Wourms <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:23:06 +0200

Hello Nicholas,

Thursday, June 20, 2002, 1:42:52 PM, you wrote:

NW> Hi,

NW> I'm running CYGWIN_ME-4.90...

NW> I just updated my cvs souces and recompiled the cygwin1.dll.  After
NW> installing it, I went to start it up, but rxvt gave me a pagefault.  The
NW> same thing happened when I went to start up bash from the command prompt. 
NW> Reverting to the 06/19 snapshot fixed the issue.  Unfortunately, since I
NW> couldn't access any debugging tools, all I have is the output to the fulat
NW> log:

I'm runnning WinXP Home and custom built snapshot dll from June 19 -
everything I try to start crashesh. Fortunately there is a program
which doesn't but just hangs in some kind of loop and eats memory -
thats zip.exe. I attached with gdb and an older cygwin1.dll to the zip
program but the stack trace seems to be quite big to be usefull - actually I think
this is what eats the memory. I tried to start a proccess but it
crashes in the very beginning - even before the entry point of the debugged exe
is reached.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/