Subject: Re: Lousy setup program defeats users with disabilites.
From: "Robert Praetorius" <[email-masked]>
To: Garrett Serack <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:30:07 -0400

> Some of the column headers are unreadable, and require the user to
> resize them in order to read what they say.

     I see this, too.  I run my display at 1280x1024 and use large fonts 
(NT 4.0 SP6a).  REGDMP of my Colors and Desktop keys and a screenshot of 
the resulting setup screen at

        ftp://ftp.ma.ultranet.com/pub0/r/rmp/setupGlitch.zip

(most people think my desktop prefs are pretty funky, but they're very 
comfortable for me.  Kinda reminds of an amber VT320.)

     On the accessibility front, I find I can do everything but package 
selection from the keyboard (I have a pointing device and can use it, but 
prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, and will probably continue to do so 
until an Engelbart-style chordset ships standard with PCs:-)  I do find 
the package selection slightly funky and annoying because of this, but I'm 
not as stuck with this as some people are.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/