Subject: Fwd: RE: Re[2]: Setup 2.249.2.3 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling pack ages
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:46:07 +0200

Corey,

Indeed you're right! :) I am able to reproduce the behaviour by
removing /etc/setup/somepackge.lst.gz but having the package listed
in /etc/setup/installed.db.

I'll see what can I do about it later this evening.

Thanks a lot :)

This is a forwarded message
From: Corey Hershhorn <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2002, 6:30:16 PM
Subject: Setup 2.249.2.3 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling pack ages

===8<==============Original message text===============
Pavel,

Did some more playing around. Found that "ash" and the like had entries in
the /etc/setup/installed.db file. Removed the entry and the install worked
like a charm. I'm figuring that must have been the issue. Not sure how the
entry got out of synchronization with the /etc/setup directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavel Tsekov [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:13 AM
To: Corey Hershhorn
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re[2]: Setup 2.249.2.3 on Win2k hangs while uninstalling
packages

CH> I have been able to reproduce a very similar issue on Windows 2000 SP2.

CH> Here is what I have been able to determine about the behavior of the
crash I
CH> have been producing:

Please, send me the following files (in an offlist mail):

/etc/setup/ash.lst.gz
/etc/setup/gzip.lst.gz

and also your copy of msvcrt.dll (please zip it before sending).

======================= Confidentiality Statement ======================= 
The information contained in this message and any attachments is 
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is 
addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL 
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received 
this message in error, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or 
using the information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return 
e-mail and delete the original message from your system. 
===================== End Confidentiality Statement =====================  

===8<===========End of original message text===========

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/