Subject: Cygwin httpd problem
From: Bill Sheppard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Mark Douglas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:24:25 -0700

Hello,

A friend of mine who works at Red Hat suggested this email address to 
report a possible bug to.

I installed Cygwin (uname reports CYGWIN_98_4.10, downloaded from 
archive.progeny.com, setup V2.249.2.2) on my Win98SE system (384MB RAM) 
a few days ago, and it seems to be working well (if not a bit 
sluggishly, but I'll blame that on Microsoft).  I'm confident in the 
installation, as I have sshd, ftpd, and other pieces running.  If I run 
Apache (httpd, V1.3.24-5), however, I get:

C:\CYGWIN\USR\SBIN\HTTPD.EXE: *** couldn't allocate memory 
0x10000(4128768) for 'C:\CYGWIN\BIN\CYGGDBM.DLL' alignment, Win32 error 8

repeated every few seconds.  This is regardless of whether I'm running 
it standalone or from inetd.  Doing some web research brought up 
something having to do with recompiling Cygwin and rebasing it, but it 
wasn't clear from where the error stems.

Can you provide any pointers to resolving this problem?

Thank you,

Bill Sheppard

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Sheppard              Group Business Development Manager, Digital TV
[email-masked]                              Software Systems Group
(408) 404-1254 (x68154)                            Sun Microsystems, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/