Subject: Re: New setup.exe snapshot 2.249.2.2
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:36:33 +0200

Hello Robert,

Monday, June 10, 2002, 12:33:15 PM, you wrote:

RC> This snapshot update should fix the crash caused by a setup.ini at the
RC> top of the local cache dir.

It fixes it for me! :)

RC> Please hit on this and report any further errors.

This is not an error though it prevents me effectively from working with the
installer. There is something wrong with the wizard. Till the introduction
of the embedded PickView it was not so disturbing, but now .... The
control is not entirely visible within the page i.e. it extends beyond
the right and the bottom boundaries of the property page. This makes
it impossible to use the scroll bars and I haven't found a way to
scroll with the keyboard :(

The problem which I experienced before and continue to experince is
that the installer uses bold fonts for the text of the controls. It
seems also that the controls themselfs are not designed to fit in the
pages i.e. most controls extend beyond the right or the bottom of the
page - as in the chooser case. I don't see the place where this is
done programmatically in the code so I assume it's either windres or my
WinXP. I tried another installer which performed this bad too - all
fonts are bold, too large controls - so I assume it is actually the WinXP.
Strange enough, dialog boxes from various applications I've checked have
correct fonts. I have tried to change the font for the controls manually
in the code and it worked fine.

Does anyone experience the same behaviours on their XPs ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/