Subject: Crashing setup.exe
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:28:49 +0100

>> Pavel Tsekov said :
>> So ... if you remove the setup.ini from the local
>> package directory, setup.exe won't crash.

Do you mean that separating the file named setup.ini from the folder named
release/ and then running the executable named setup.exe, will result in a
glitch-free installation or upgrade? If this is so and I have not
misunderstood you, then I have three questions. (A) How are the two
different locations of setup.ini and release/ to be identified to setup.exe
so that setup.exe knows about them? (B) At the moment, these two items
"arrive" together in a folder with a name like
ftp%3a%2f%2fmirrors.rcn.net%2fmirrors%2fsources.redhat.com%2fcygwin or some
such: should one therefore manually separate them after download but before
installation? (C) Does your cure apply to all O/S as far as you know? (If I
can discover the answer to (A) then I will try to sort out (B) and *C) for
myself. Thank you.)

Fergus

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/