Subject: Re[3]: cygwin download incomplete - try again - loop?
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Max Bowsher" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:13:50 +0200

MB>> This is caused to the presence of a setup.ini in the root of the local package
MB>> directory and a string-handling bug in the rfc1738 code.

PT> Hmm... Maybe not. The latest setup source I have here (fetched from
PT> HEAD, not a branch)is 2.249 and the fix for that problem is there. And
PT> this was fetched some time ago - so I suppose all the latest and
PT> greatest setup.exe should have this fix also.

PT> I can't check right now though because I'm behind a firewall.

It appears that Max is right - without setup.ini in the local package
directory everything is fine, if you put one, setup.exe crashes :(

So, Ralf, if you remove the setup.ini from the local package
directory, setup.exe won't crash.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/