Subject: Re[2]: 1.3.11(CVS): Possible bug involving temp file generation
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:05:49 +0200

Hello Christopher,

Friday, June 07, 2002, 1:49:17 AM, you wrote:

CF> I should reiterate that this code is *only* called when a cygwin process
CF> is invoked from a non-cygwin process with stdin/stdout/stderr redirected
CF> to a disk file.

CF> It has nothing to do with temp file creation or normal file creation.

I am aware of this fact - explaining me once is sufficient (in most
cases) :)

The original post introduced some confusion. While explaining how
to reproduce the problem with the temp file, another bug was
introduced - the STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION in patch (from the
strace.log). I was trying to catch this one.

Check http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00278.html - at the
bottom lines.

And clearly this post of mine,
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00210.html, is *WRONG*. I assume
your changes in v 1.92 of dtable.cc fixed the 'Bad file
number' problem.

It's cool that now both of the problems are fixed! :)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/