Subject: Re[2]: 1.3.11(CVS): Possible bug involving temp file generation
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 18:22:37 +0200

>> I have a question - what is the return value of NtQueryObject () if
>> the ntdll.dll is not found i.e. you're executing on Win9x ? Is it 0 or
>> -1 ? It seems from the strace.log the it is 0 but I want to be sure.
>> 
>> If it is 0 there is a problem - see below:

CV> It's not 0.  See autoload.cc.

I've just tested this by the following change in autoload.cc:

LoadDLLfuncEx2 (NtQueryObject, 20, ntdlltest, 1, 1)

There is no ntdlltest.dll on my machine though the call to
NtQueryObject () returns 0.

I'am attaching the output of the 'strings' utility I've run on the
newly built cygwin1.dll.

I hope this helps.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/