Subject: Re[2]: 1.3.11(CVS): Possible bug involving temp file generation
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:11:00 +0200

>> I have a question - what is the return value of NtQueryObject () if
>> the ntdll.dll is not found i.e. you're executing on Win9x ? Is it 0 or
>> -1 ? It seems from the strace.log the it is 0 but I want to be sure.
>> 
>> If it is 0 there is a problem - see below:

CV> It's not 0.  See autoload.cc.

I did, but got some hard time groking it :(

But how do you explain this then (taken from the strace.log attached
by Nicholas Wourms) ?

**********************************************
Program name: C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN\BIN\PATCH.EXE (601141)
App version:  1003.9, api: 0.51
DLL version:  1003.11, api: 0.53
DLL build:    2002-06-04 09:27
OS version:   Windows ME-4.90
Date/Time:    2002-06-04 10:31:36
**********************************************

 2142   57784 [main] PATCH 601141 handle_to_fn: nt name ''

 From what you say and what I can see in the code it look like this
 shouldn't be hapenning.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/