Subject: cannot create directory on startup
From: Anthony Rabaa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:00:30 -0400

Before I begin I want to apologize for this posting.  I scoured the 
archives looking for an answer but I am not sure where this problem is 
originating from and didn't get very far.  I also tried using the search 
engine but it rarely returned and when it did, the topics had 
little/nothing to do with my problem (or my search string).

I've installed cygwin repeatedly on my W2K system with different 
packages (varying from default to installing everything) and I continue 
to receive the following error each time I run the cygwin.bat file or 
enter the command 'bash -login -i'.

mkdir: cannot create directory `/cygdrive/c/SF|home': No such file or 
directory
bash: cd: /cygdrive/c/SF|home: No such file or directory

I've also noticed that $HOME = '/cygdrive/c/SF|home'.  The directory 
'SF' does not exist anymore.  It was originally used as a test install 
of SourceForge.  Any help would be appreciated, I would like to use 
cygwin to interact with our CVS server (linux) and would like to have 
the environment variables set up in my startup script.

Thanks in advance!
-- 

   *Anthony Rabaa*
   /Stress is when you wake up screaming
   and realize you haven't fallen asleep yet./

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/