Subject: Re: What's the current status of setup.*.exe?
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:52:19 +0100

> As far as I knew, all the issues in para 1 had been addressed
> by the snapshot, so please ... Describe away.

OK, thanks. Here goes. In this email all I am trying to do is describe what
occurs when I visit a Cygwin mirror to see whether my installed Cygwin
provision (which is entire, including source files, but not compface,
keychain or regex) needs upgrading. In fact, as it turned out, the answer
was "No".

I'll try to keep track of everything that happens the next time a visit
results in the answer "Yes".

After this, I'll wipe everything and then do a brand-new install and report
on that. Separate email.

setup-timestamp 1023117609
setup-version 2.218.2.9 (mentioned in setup.ini)
setup-version 2.249.2.1 (the one I am actually using)
O/S W98/SE
(Utterly perfect installation, by the way: BSOD and other M$ problems occur
with frequency ~ 2.8/year. Neurotic file manager. Incurably hooked wupdmgr
user. Paranoid sweeper of registry. No kids or games or tweakUI or @&&$!!
shareware.)

Incidentally, as an utterly separate moan: the window size configuration in
earlier setup's such as 2.218.6, were much nicer than the current
arrangement: one saw more. However, no doubt the new sizing has been
designed in response to somebody else's request for it. Which just shows how
hellish your existence must be, most of the time.

Method 1 (resulting in setup.log.[full.]1)

Start setup-2.249.2.1.exe
Install from Internet
c:\Cygwin + All + Unix
c:\WINDOWS\Desktop
Direct
Click for offered ftp://mirrors.rcn.net
Click topmost whirly selector : everything changes from Default to Install
Click View

See : rows and rows of "Keep" and "n/a" and un-crossed but cross-able boxes.

Infelicity 1: all boxes in the Src? column are shown un-crossed, even though
I've already installed them. A "n/a" mimicking the entries in the Bin?
column would be ideal.

Click View again

See : row corresponding to setup-2.218.2.9, with the implied offer to cross
the un-crossed but cross-able selection box under the Src? column

Infelicity 2: that.

Click Next

Error 1: Msgbox containing "Download incomplete. Try again? Yes / No"

In the past I've clicked Yes, believing this msg to be meaningful, and
indicative of a noisy network connection or something. But all that happens
is a repeat of the download process as before.

Click No

Error 2: Msgbox containing "Cant open (null) for reading. No such file. OK"

Click OK
Click Finish

"Nothing needed to be installed"

So I've got what I needed from the mirror (nothing, in this case) but the
whole thing is not quite squeaky clean.

By the way, I get exactly the same sequence of subsequent events if early in
the procedure I choose "IE5 settings" rather than "Direct connection".

Method 2 (resulting in setup.log.[full.]2)

Start setup-2.249.2.1.exe
Install from Local Directory
c:\Cygwin + All + Unix
f:\Cyg0 (my f: is a different FAT32 drive on the same machine)
Click topmost whirly selector : everything changes from Default to Install
Click View

Thereafter everything happens identically as before. Except for Error 1. The
preceding Click Next moves me straight to Error 2.

Method 3 (resulting in setup.log.[full.]3)

Try to use a home-made CD in e:. The root directory contains the files
e:\setup.exe*, e:\setup.ini and the subdirectory e:\release\. The CD
responds perfectly well to dir e:\, dir e:\ /s, etc; it and all its contents
show up just fine in Explorer; and all the rest of it. In fact from Cygwin
too, the command ls -AR /cygdrive/e/ and similar scrutinies all work fine
too. But,

Start setup-2.249.2.1.exe
Install from Local Directory
c:\Cygwin + All + Unix
e:\

fails, sticking (not seizing) on a displayed windows as follows

Installing
    (PKG)
    (FILE}

and I have to press Cancel. (Which works, which is what  mean by sticking
not seizing.)

* the same thing happens if I start the procedure with the
elderly-but-forgotten-which e:\setup.exe rather than 2.249.2.1

Oh God, this has gone on forever already. How boring for everyone. Sorry.
Here are the setup.log.(full.)? files.

Thanks for your attention.

Fergus

>>>> setup.log.1

2002/06/06 14:22:11 Starting cygwin install, version 2.249.2.1
2002/06/06 14:22:11 Current Directory: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
2002/06/06 14:22:19 source: network install
2002/06/06 14:22:21 root: c:\Cygwin binary system
2002/06/06 14:22:27 Selected local directory: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
2002/06/06 14:22:28 net: Direct
2002/06/06 14:22:30 site:
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin
2002/06/06 14:22:34 compress_bz::error called
2002/06/06 14:22:34 compress_bz::error called
2002/06/06 14:22:42 mbox yesno: Download Incomplete.  Try again?
2002/06/06 14:22:44 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2002/06/06 14:22:56 mbox note: Nothing needed to be installed
2002/06/06 14:22:57 Ending cygwin install

>>>> setup.log.full.1

2002/06/06 14:22:11 Starting cygwin install, version 2.249.2.1
2002/06/06 14:22:11 Current Directory: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
2002/06/06 14:22:19 source: network install
2002/06/06 14:22:21 root: c:\Cygwin binary system
2002/06/06 14:22:27 Selected local directory: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
2002/06/06 14:22:28 net: Direct
get_url_to_membuf http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/mirrors.lst
getUrlToStream http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/mirrors.lst
2002/06/06 14:22:30 site:
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin
get_url_to_membuf
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.bz2
getUrlToStream
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.bz2
ftp > 220 ProFTPD 1.2.0 Server (RCN Mirrors) [mirrors.rcn.net]
ftp > 331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
ftp > 230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
ftp > 200 Type set to I.
ftp > 227 Entering Passive Mode (207,172,2,141,141,22).
ftp > 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for
/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.bz2 (30126 bytes).
2002/06/06 14:22:34 compress_bz::error called
compress::~compress called
2002/06/06 14:22:34 compress_bz::error called
compress::~compress called
Chooser results...
[apache] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.24-5 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[ash] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020131-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Shells
[autoconf] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.53-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[autoconf-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.53a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[autoconf-stable] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.13-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[automake] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[automake-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6.1-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[automake-stable] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4p5-5 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[bash] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.05a-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Shells
[bc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.06-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Math, Utils
[binutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20011002-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[bison] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.35-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[byacc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.9-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[bzip2] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.2-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[ccache] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.9-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[cgoban] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.9.12-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Games, XFree86
[clear] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[compface] action=Skip trust=prev installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs, Mail, Utils
[cpio] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.2 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[cron] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.0.1-6 src?=no
     categories=Admin, All
[crypt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[ctags] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[curl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=7.9.6-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs, Web
[cvs] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.11.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[cygrunsrv] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.95-1 src?=no
     categories=Admin, All
[cygutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[cygwin] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.10-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[cygwin-doc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[dejagnu] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010117-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[diff] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[diffutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.8.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[ed] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Editors
[enscript] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6.3-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[expect] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010117-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[fetchmail] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.9.11-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[figlet] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[file] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.37-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[fileutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[findutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.1.7-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[flex] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5.4-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[fortune] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.8-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Games
[fvwm] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.7-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[gawk] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.0.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Interpreters
[gcc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.95.3-5 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[gdb] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010428-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[gdbm] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.8.0-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[gettext] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.40-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[ghostscript] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6.51-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics
[gnugo] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Games
[gperf] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.0 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[grep] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[groff] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.17.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[gsl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.1.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[gzip] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[indent] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.2.8-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[inetutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.2-17 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[irc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010101-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[jbigkit] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[jpeg] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6b-7 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[keychain] action=Skip trust=prev installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[less] action=Keep trust=curr installed=374-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[lesstif] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.93.18-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[libbz2_0] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[libbz2_1] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.2-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[libintl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.38-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libintl1] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.40-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs
[libncurses5] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[libncurses6] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-8 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[libpng] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng10] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.13-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng10-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.13-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng12] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng12-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng2] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.12-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libPropList] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.1-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[libreadline4] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[libreadline5] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[libtool] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020202a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libtool-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020502-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libtool-stable] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4.2-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libxml2] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.17-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Doc, Interpreters, Libs, Text
[libxslt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.13-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Doc, Interpreters, Libs, Text
[links] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.96-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[login] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[lynx] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.8.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[m4] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.0 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[make] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.79.1-7 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[man] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.5g-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[mingw-runtime] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs
[mktemp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[mod_auth_mysql] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.11-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_auth_ntsec] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_dav] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.3-1.3.6-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_php4] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_ssl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.8.8-1.3.24-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[more] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.11o-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[mt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[mutt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.5i-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[nano] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Editors
[ncftp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.1.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[ncurses] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-8 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[newlib-man] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20001118-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[openbox] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.99.1-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[opengl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.1.0-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[openssh] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.2.3p1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[openssl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.9.6d-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs, Net
[openssl-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.9.6d-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs
[patch] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[pcre] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[perl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.6.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[pine] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.44-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[pkgconfig] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.12.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[popt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[postgresql] action=Keep trust=curr installed=7.2.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Database
[procmail] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.22-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[python] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[rcs] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.7-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[readline] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[regex] action=Skip trust=curr installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[robots] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Games
[rsync] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5.5-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[rxvt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.7.2-10 src?=no
     categories=All, Shells
[sed] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.02-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[setup] action=2.218.2.9-1 trust=curr installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Net, System, Utils
[sh-utils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Shells
[sharutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Archive
[shutdown] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2-2 src?=no
     categories=Admin, All
[squid] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.STABLE6-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[ssmtp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.38.7-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[swig] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.11-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[tar] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.13.19-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[tcltk] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20001125-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[tcsh] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6.11.00-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Shells
[termcap] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020403-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[terminfo] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[tetex-beta] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20001218-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs, Text
[texinfo] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc, Text
[texmf] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[texmf-base] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[texmf-doc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[texmf-extra] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[texmf-tiny] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[textutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0.21-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[tiff] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.5.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[time] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[ttcp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=19980512-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[ucl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.01-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[units] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.77-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[unzip] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.50-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Archive
[upx] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.20-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[vim] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Editors
[w32api] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[wget] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.8.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[which] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.5-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[whois] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.5.17-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[WindowMaker] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.80.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-base] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-bin] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-doc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-etc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-f100] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fcyr] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fenc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fnts] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fscl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fsrv] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-html] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-jdoc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-lib] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-man] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-nest] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-prog] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-prt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-ps] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-startup-scripts] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-vfb] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-xserv] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[xpm-nox] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[zip] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.3-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Archive
[zlib] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.1.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[zsh] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.0.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Shells
[_update-info-dir] action=Keep trust=curr installed=00005-1 src?=no
     categories=All, _PostInstallLast
2002/06/06 14:22:42 mbox yesno: Download Incomplete.  Try again?
2002/06/06 14:22:44 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2002/06/06 14:22:56 mbox note: Nothing needed to be installed
2002/06/06 14:22:57 Ending cygwin install

>>>> setup.log.2

2002/06/06 14:25:07 Starting cygwin install, version 2.249.2.1
2002/06/06 14:25:07 Current Directory: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
2002/06/06 14:25:14 source: from cwd
2002/06/06 14:25:17 root: c:\Cygwin binary system
2002/06/06 14:25:27 Selected local directory: F:\Cyg0
2002/06/06 14:25:39 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2002/06/06 14:25:56 mbox note: Nothing needed to be installed
2002/06/06 14:25:57 Ending cygwin install

>>>> setup.log.full.2

2002/06/06 14:25:07 Starting cygwin install, version 2.249.2.1
2002/06/06 14:25:07 Current Directory: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
2002/06/06 14:25:14 source: from cwd
2002/06/06 14:25:17 root: c:\Cygwin binary system
2002/06/06 14:25:27 Selected local directory: F:\Cyg0
Found ini file - F:\Cyg0/setup.ini
Chooser results...
[apache] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.24-5 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[ash] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020131-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Shells
[autoconf] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.53-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[autoconf-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.53a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[autoconf-stable] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.13-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[automake] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[automake-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6.1-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[automake-stable] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4p5-5 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[bash] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.05a-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Shells
[bc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.06-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Math, Utils
[binutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20011002-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[bison] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.35-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[byacc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.9-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[bzip2] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.2-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[ccache] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.9-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[cgoban] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.9.12-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Games, XFree86
[clear] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[compface] action=Skip trust=prev installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs, Mail, Utils
[cpio] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.2 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[cron] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.0.1-6 src?=no
     categories=Admin, All
[crypt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[ctags] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[curl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=7.9.6-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs, Web
[cvs] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.11.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[cygrunsrv] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.95-1 src?=no
     categories=Admin, All
[cygutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[cygwin] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.10-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[cygwin-doc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[dejagnu] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010117-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[diff] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[diffutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.8.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[ed] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Editors
[enscript] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6.3-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[expect] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010117-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[fetchmail] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.9.11-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[figlet] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[file] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.37-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[fileutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[findutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.1.7-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[flex] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5.4-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[fortune] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.8-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Games
[fvwm] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.7-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[gawk] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.0.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Interpreters
[gcc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.95.3-5 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[gdb] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010428-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[gdbm] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.8.0-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[gettext] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.40-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[ghostscript] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6.51-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics
[gnugo] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Games
[gperf] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.0 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[grep] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[groff] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.17.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[gsl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.1.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[gzip] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[indent] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.2.8-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[inetutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.2-17 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[irc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20010101-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[jbigkit] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[jpeg] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6b-7 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[keychain] action=Skip trust=prev installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[less] action=Keep trust=curr installed=374-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[lesstif] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.93.18-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[libbz2_0] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[libbz2_1] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.2-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[libintl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.38-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libintl1] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.40-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs
[libncurses5] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[libncurses6] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-8 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[libpng] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng10] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.13-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng10-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.13-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng12] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng12-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libpng2] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.12-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[libPropList] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.10.1-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[libreadline4] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[libreadline5] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[libtool] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020202a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libtool-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020502-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libtool-stable] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4.2-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[libxml2] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.17-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Doc, Interpreters, Libs, Text
[libxslt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.13-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Doc, Interpreters, Libs, Text
[links] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.96-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[login] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[lynx] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.8.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[m4] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.0 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[make] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.79.1-7 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[man] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.5g-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[mingw-runtime] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs
[mktemp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[mod_auth_mysql] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.11-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_auth_ntsec] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_dav] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.3-1.3.6-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_php4] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[mod_ssl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.8.8-1.3.24-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net, Web
[more] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.11o-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[mt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[mutt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2.5i-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[nano] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.0.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Editors
[ncftp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.1.3-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[ncurses] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-8 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[newlib-man] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20001118-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[openbox] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.99.1-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[opengl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.1.0-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[openssh] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.2.3p1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[openssl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.9.6d-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs, Net
[openssl-devel] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.9.6d-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel, Libs
[patch] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[pcre] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[perl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.6.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[pine] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.44-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[pkgconfig] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.12.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[popt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.6.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[postgresql] action=Keep trust=curr installed=7.2.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Database
[procmail] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.22-6 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[python] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.2-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Interpreters
[rcs] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.7-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[readline] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2a-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[regex] action=Skip trust=curr installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[robots] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Games
[rsync] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.5.5-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[rxvt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.7.2-10 src?=no
     categories=All, Shells
[sed] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.02-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[setup] action=2.218.2.9-1 trust=curr installed=none src?=no
     categories=All, Net, System, Utils
[sh-utils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Shells
[sharutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Archive
[shutdown] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.2-2 src?=no
     categories=Admin, All
[squid] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.4.STABLE6-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[ssmtp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.38.7-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Mail
[swig] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.3.11-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Devel
[tar] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.13.19-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[tcltk] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20001125-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[tcsh] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6.11.00-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Shells
[termcap] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20020403-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[terminfo] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.2-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[tetex-beta] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20001218-4 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs, Text
[texinfo] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2-3 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc, Text
[texmf] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[texmf-base] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[texmf-doc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Doc
[texmf-extra] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[texmf-tiny] action=Keep trust=curr installed=20000804-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Text
[textutils] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.0.21-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[tiff] action=Keep trust=curr installed=3.5.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[time] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.7-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[ttcp] action=Keep trust=curr installed=19980512-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[ucl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.01-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[units] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.77-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[unzip] action=Keep trust=curr installed=5.50-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Archive
[upx] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.20-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Utils
[vim] action=Keep trust=curr installed=6.1-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Editors
[w32api] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.4-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Libs
[wget] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.8.1-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Web
[which] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.5-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base
[whois] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.5.17-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Net
[WindowMaker] action=Keep trust=curr installed=0.80.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-base] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-bin] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-doc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-etc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-f100] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fcyr] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fenc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fnts] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fscl] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-fsrv] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-html] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-jdoc] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-lib] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-3 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-man] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-nest] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-prog] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-prt] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-ps] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-startup-scripts] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-vfb] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[XFree86-xserv] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-2 src?=no
     categories=All, XFree86
[xpm-nox] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.2.0-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Graphics, Libs
[zip] action=Keep trust=curr installed=2.3-2 src?=no
     categories=All, Archive
[zlib] action=Keep trust=curr installed=1.1.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Base, Libs
[zsh] action=Keep trust=curr installed=4.0.4-1 src?=no
     categories=All, Shells
[_update-info-dir] action=Keep trust=curr installed=00005-1 src?=no
     categories=All, _PostInstallLast
2002/06/06 14:25:39 mbox note: Can't open (null) for reading: No such file
2002/06/06 14:25:56 mbox note: Nothing needed to be installed
2002/06/06 14:25:57 Ending cygwin install

>>>> setup.log.3 = setup.log.full.3

2002/06/06 14:29:29 Starting cygwin install, version 2.218.2.6
2002/06/06 14:29:29 Current Directory: E:\
2002/06/06 14:29:33 source: from cwd
2002/06/06 14:29:35 root: c:\Cygwin binary system
2002/06/06 14:29:36 Selected local directory: E:\
2002/06/06 14:29:49 Ending cygwin install

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/