Subject: How to run "rsh" seamlessly without typing passwd from UNIX to Cygwin on Window 2000 ?
From: "Yang Xiang" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:47:44 -0700
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

I want to port a massive testing script from UNIX to Window 2000 in which it
include a command "rsh <host> dd bs=16k if=large.dat2 > /dev/null ". The
host is a Window 2000 client.

I have configured "inetd" using "cygrunsrv" command and it seems to be
working but I have to type in a password  in for the user on the Window 2000
box.

How do I get around it so I can just run the script without typing in the
password seamlessly from my UNIX box to the Window Client.

Thanks in advance,

/yx

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/