Subject: DOS Special Names
From: Michael Eager <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 12:29:27 -0700

I've run into a problem creating a regular file with the name 
COM20000.  I can create this file from Windows, either using 
fopen() or in a Command window, but not when using Cygwin.  
Windows does prevent creating files named COMx, where x is a 
single digit.   

The code in winsup/cygwin/path.cc checks to see if the file
name is COM followed by any integer, not just a single digit.
Is this intentional or an error?  

Shouldn't Cygwin check to see if there is an installed driver
named COM (or AUX, etc.) rather than just assume that all COMxxxx
are supposed to be devices?

--
Michael Eager     [email-masked]	408-328-8426	
MontaVista Software, Inc. 1237 E. Arques Ave., Sunnyvale, CA  94085

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/