Subject: Re: More 1.3.11 road show
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:10:24 +0200

[snip]
CF> What this means is that if you do something like this:

c:\>>pwd > d:\tmp\foo

CF> and you've previously done a

CF> mount -b d:\tmp /dtmp

CF> then the line endings in d:\tmp\foo will be \n rather than \r\n.

I've done some simple tests and it works for me. One question though:

Consider this situation - I have drive C mounted on /cygdrive/c/ as
binary and I have C:\Temp mounted on /ctmp as text. Now redirecting the
output of 'pwd' to a file in /cygdrive/c/Temp/ gives me UNIX line
endings, while redirecting it to /ctmp gives me DOS line endings. Is
this intended ? Shouldn't the /ctmp mount override the settings for
/cygdrive/c/Temp ?

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/