Subject: Re: Building cygwin1.dll and mknetrel
From: egor duda <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:25:57 +0400

Hi!

Tuesday, 04 June, 2002 Christopher Faylor [email-masked] wrote:

>>       *       On my production system, I had to change the '#!/bin/sh' to
>>               '#!/bin/bash' on one of the mknetrel shell scripts
>>               to get the shell to accept the usage of getopts ... but on the
>>               fresh install, I did not.  (This is the bash getopts builtin,
>>               not the standalone and singular 'getopt' discussed above)

CF> Yes, I have never run this under cygwin, actually.  It was intended as a
CF> cross-compilation environment.  I'm surprised that it works on cygwin
CF> with so few changes.

I'm running it on cygwin. All i need is to build getopt.exe and
readlink.exe from two attached source files. readlink.c is taken from
OpenBSD cvs, and getopt.c is slightly patched version of getopt.c from
linux-utils. They both can be built out-of-the-box.

Egor.            mailto:[email-masked] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/