Subject: RE: Cygwin mounts not available when logged in over network
From: "Fletcher, Bob (GEAE, EB&TS)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "'Bob Friesenhahn'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:48:01 -0400

I've seen a similar problem trying to access local drives from a network
connection(rconsole,LSF). I couldn't see    the automatic  /cygwin/c, cygwin/d
mounts. Oddly, they appeared if the connecting user was in the Administrator
group, but not otherwise. I worked around it by creating explicit system mounts
under cygwin.

mount -f -s -t "c:" "/c"
mount -f -s -t "d:" "/d"

Bob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Friesenhahn [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2002 2:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Cygwin mounts not available when logged in over network

With the current release of Cygwin I am experiencing the bizzare
problem that a samba mount which is mounted as drive "Z:" on my
Windows XP system is available to Cygwin applications when accessed
from a Windows console window (Cygwin default or rxvt), but does not
appear to be mounted if I access the system via remote login with
telnet, ssh, or xterm from a remote X11 server.

In a console window 'ls /cydrive/z' lists the expected files but I see
the error

  /bin/ls: /cygdrive/z: No such file or directory

if the shell is accessed over the network.  I assume that Cygwin's
mount mapping is not being activated for some reason.

I am currently using zsh as my shell, compiled under Cygwin, but the
same problem occurs when using Cygwin's bash shell.

Does anyone know the reason for this problem?  Is there a workaround?

Bob
======================================
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked]
http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/