Subject: Mutt + Cygwin + PGP howto??
From: "Javier" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:37:52 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

Hi!!

Am trying to get my head around to getting Mutt (vers. 1.2.5i, see version
info later in the email) to work with my (installed) copy of
PGP for Windows (ver. 6.5.8) but even though I've imported pgp6.rc from the
samples directory (and changed the "pgp6" string with "pgp" :), I can sign
messages, but when I get a signed message and I try to verify the signature,
I get:

[-- Salida de PGP a continuación (tiempo actual: Sun Jun  2 20:01:40
2002) --]
^GFile [/tmp/mutt-UNO-2416-1.asc] does not exist.

For a usage summary, type:  pgp -h
For more detailed help, consult the PGP User's Guide.
Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.8
(c) 1999 Network Associates Inc.
Uses the RSAREF(tm) Toolkit, which is copyright RSA Data Security, Inc.
Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.

[-- Fin de salida PGP --]

I've tried to wrap the file calls in the pgp_* commands changing %f for
`cygpath -w %f` so maybe pgp will "get" them, but to no use :(

The "odd" thing is that mutt seems to "accept" the signature nontheless....
at least I can read the message (no, I haven't tried to encrypt yet :) .....
but it doesn't work; it's looking for some auxiliary app that's just not
there...

Recogiendo clave PGP...pkspxycwrap: not found
Entre keyID para [email-masked]:

And that's that :)

So, I was wondering how could I do it to get it to run... I am quite
surprised that gpg / pgp is not included in the "default" Cygwin setup... I
guess I could try to get gpg / pgp for unix, and see if it runs on cygwin
(any ideas on that line), but I'd rather perfer to be alble to use the one I
already have, specially 'cause that one does run both well under W2k and W98
(I dual boot :)....

If that's out of the question, then at least I'd like to be able to share
the data (keys) files; I know I can export / import but that's a pain to
keep in synch...

Of course, it might be that I'm missing something pretty obvious that makes
all this a load of nonsense, but I can't see it ...

Thanks in advance

    Javier

--
----

The buck doesn't even slow down here!

PS: "version" output for both programs...

DEVELO~1> mutt -v
Mutt 1.2.5i (2000-07-28)
Copyright (C) 1996-2000 Michael R. Elkins y otros.
Mutt viene con ABSOLUTAMENTE NINGUNA GARANTÍA; para obtener detalles
teclee `mutt -vv'. Mutt es software libre, puede redistribuirlo
bajo ciertas condiciones; teclee `mutt -vv' para más detalles.

System: CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.3.10(0.51/3/2) [using ncurses 5.2]
Opciones especificadas al compilar:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  -USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  +USE_SSL  +USE_POP  -HAVE_REGCOMP  +USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_PGP  +BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS
SENDMAIL="no"
MAILPATH="/var/spool/mail"
SHAREDIR="/usr/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/etc"
-ISPELL
Para contactar los desarrolladores mande un mensaje a <[email-masked]>.
Para reportar un fallo use la utilería muttbug por favor.

DEVELO~1> pgp --version
Pretty Good Privacy(tm) Version 6.5.8
(c) 1999 Network Associates Inc.
Uses the RSAREF(tm) Toolkit, which is copyright RSA Data Security, Inc.
Export of this software may be restricted by the U.S. government.

d:\ARCHIV~1\NETWOR~1\PGP\pgp.exe: illegal option -- -

Invalid arguments.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/