Subject: Re: missing file FOO.dll
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:52:01 +0200

"Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I say this over and over again but I guess it can't be repeated enough.

Yes, and it doesn't amaze me.

There's the FAQ:

    http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC32

And there's
    
    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00124.html
    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-01/msg01619.html

but they all say something like:

    You need to reinstall the package that contains the DLL.

Would anyone please explain (in the FAQ) *why* you need to reinstall
the package *manually*?

It seems to me that there's a bug in one of the package's setup.hints,
in that it doesn't list some dependency.  Either that, or the
installation is broken, or there's a strange bug in some popular
version setup.exe.

> Try it.  You'll like it! ;-)

I think that I don't ;-)
Jan.

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       | http://www.lilypond.org

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/