Subject: Re: procmail output file format.
From: Jason House <[email-masked]>
To: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 16:21:02 -0400

Adding "-f-" or even "-f foobar" to the command line does not make it
work.  For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to work with -m.  I have
reluctantly moved my .procmailrc file to /home/Administrator and removed
the -m from the command line.  This makes does yield the desired
functionality, but not the right file structure.  The problem boils down
to how procmail rebuilds the environment before executing.  I've set
HOME to be one thing, but procmail makes it default to another.  The -m
was my work around and allowed me to keep all my important files in my
home directory.  Home is part of "My Documents" and thus requires no
special consideration for backup (especially when I must, unfortunately,
rely on corporate computer service for repairs/upgrades).  I'm happy
enough with this fix, but would much prefer a better solution. 
Something like having /home/Administrator/.procmailrc simply say "use
/Docume~1/jhouse/MyDocu~1/UnixHome/.procmailrc" would be better since it
guarantees that it won't get deleted after it grows in complexity.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/