Subject: Re: Cygwin mirrors synchronisation problem?
From: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:40:02 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.os.cygwin

>     Up through Setup-2.243 I receive that error if I select the source for
> "setup: The Cygwin Net Distribution installer and updater program." in
> category Net.  No select, no error.  As for the problem of mirror
> synchronization, I suspect you will always find that mirror sites are
> synchronized on different schedules.  If you have observed that one mirror
> is synchronized more frequently, then by all means, use it.

Actually I did not select _any_ source package, only binaries. So 
obviously I got a different error than you.

As for the synchronisation, I think I just misunderstood the logistics 
of the mirrors. Previously I thought the sites were centerally managed 
by the Cygwin project using some coordinated mirroring machanism, while 
now, after some reading, I believe the mirror sites are totally 
autonomous which could be updated hourly, daily, weekly, or not at all! 
So, as you hinted, I will just use the Esslingen server since it's 
updated more frequently, and I do recommand it to all other european 
users, especially those within the German Research Network (DFN).

Huijing

-- 
Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics
University of Karlsruhe, Germany
http://www2.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/