Subject: Tcl
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin Discussion <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 20:05:39 -0400

Background: I build a gcc 3.1 -- I don't yet know how successfully. 
 When I tried MAKE CHECK things didn't go too well because, I guess, the 
test suite depends on Tcl (and probably other stuff).  
So, I search around on my disk.  Hey!  Since installing Cygwin SWIG 
there's /lots/ of xxx.tcl files anyway.  But there's still no tcl.exe.  

Scratching my head and remembering I asked about Tcl once before and got 
curtly informed there was no current work with a port, I wasn't 
surprised it's not  here.  If I've misunderstood the situation, someone 
_please_ set me straight before I dive into deep water.

I've located a port of an oldish version of Tcl by Mummet Kahn.  I 
figured I'd mess about with it a bit then try to do the parallel thing 
with the current baseline.  
QUESTION 1.
Would there be any interest in this here?  Alternatively, has anyone 
tried and despaired 'cause there's far better C programmers here than I?

QUESTION 2.
Does anyone else know what additional pieces are needed for the GNU test 
suites to be fully functional?

-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.
Life is too short to tolerate crappy software.
.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/