Subject: Re: Python installation on cygwin gnupro-99r1p1
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 18:50:31 -0400

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 12:55:51AM -0700, Perepelitsky, Leon wrote:
>I don't know what PowerTV is confused about, I had my own question.  If
>you prefer I can subscribe as a private user from my private e-mail
>account.  It was my impression that this list, as any other
>professional list, is created so that experienced professionals could
>share knowledge with less experienced developers.

Again, GNUpro releases are commercial Cygnus (now Red Hat) releases.
In case it isn't clear this is the second or third time someone from
powrtv.com has asked questions about the three year old Cygnus GNUpro
release.  It is very unlikely that anyone (besides me) knows what GNUpro
99r1 is.  And, if you have questions about this commercial release of
the product, this is really not the forum for it.

>My question was about Python.  I do it on my own time, PowerTV does not
>do any development in Python.  I am not clear on where the line between
>allowed and not allowed questions.  My question could be rephrased as
>follows: "How to build Python binaries under Cygwin?"

You don't have to build anything.  The Python binaries are available.
They are not available for GNUpro 99r1 and it is very unlikely that
anyone is interested in porting them to GNUpro 99r1.

If this isn't for PowerTV and their purchased version of GNUpro 99r1
then just download python for Cygwin.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/