Subject: Cygwin mirrors synchronisation problem?
From: Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:07:16 +0200

I am trying to download the complete Cygwin packages using the Cygwin
Setup programme since a few days. Since I am at a German University I
tried the European mirrors first, and found out that the mirror at FHT
Esslingen is always at least one day ahead of other ones, including the
famous "Franken" server at Uni Erlangen, but from the Esslingen mirror
and most others I got a "Download incomplete - Try again?" message at
the end, every time. I checked the FTP site and indeed some packages are
not there.

Now I have two questions:

Is the Esslingen mirror suppose to be ahead of others? Why are the other
mirrors so far behinde it?

Why is the Esslingen mirror and the others I tried incomplete? Are they
   suppose to be?

Huijing

-- 
Huijing Zhou <[email-masked]>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics
University of Karlsruhe, Germany
http://www2.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/