Subject: Re: Transient corruption problem with fetchmail
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:52:59 -0400

Pete,

Please post to the Cygwin mailing list <[email-masked]> instead of
sending private email.

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:40:46PM -0400, Pete McCann wrote:
> I am experiencing the same kind of transient email corruption problem
> that you described in an email to the Cygwin mailing list on August 7,
> 2001.  Did you ever find the solution to the problem?

Yes, see the following:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-04/msg01584.html

Note that on August 14, 2001, I posted the following:

    http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-08/msg00628.html

So you were in the neighborhood, but didn't quite find the "needle in
the haystack." :,)

> Any workaround?

Yes, even "more" than a workaround since the above patch has been accepted
into fetchmail CVS:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-05/msg01514.html

> I recently started using fetchmail under Windows 2000 and it is vital
> that I be able to read large attachments - if I can't figure this out
> I will probably be forced into using Microsoft Exchange or something
> similarly evil.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Are you using the standard Cygwin fetchmail:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-05/msg01132.html

or one built by yourself?

Note that I'm using mutt/ssmtp and fetchmail/procmail to avoid going
over to the Microsoft side myself.

BTW, you may be interested in the standard Cygwin procmail too:

    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-05/msg01138.html

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/