Subject: Re[2]: Latest Setup.exe Fails (Win2k)
From: Pavel Tsekov <[email-masked]>
To: Lee Goddard <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:46:16 +0200

Hello Lee,

Check http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-05/msg01547.html - it seems this
problems is very similiar to one you've experienced, huh ? I notice
two common things which look disrturbing to me:

1. Both of you choose the local package directory to resied on
the Desktop.

I've tried this on my WinXP Home notebook (Intel PIII mobile) and
it doesnt seem to cause a crash on my system however.

2. You both have Athlon systems.

I don't want to think that this has something to do with setup
failing  at all, but... who knows :)

I'll try to search the archive for reports  of setup.exe version
2.218.2.9 similiar to your and see if they are also Athlon users,
or what else is common between this reports.

Meanwhile I sugest you:

1. To try the snapshot from http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/ and see if it fixes the problem

2. I can build a debugguable setup.exe (2.218.2.9) for you and email
you with it. You can then run this setup.exe from within gdb and help
isolate the code that causes the 100% CPU utilization. I'll provide
you with help, if needed, how to debug (in off-list mail).

[snip description]

>>LG> Do I need an INTEL or something horrible?
>>
>>Nope!

I'm not so sure right now :)) Help us to find out :)

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/